Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

0lympus e330 good idea or bad?

Started by scuba-s ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

0lympus e330 good idea or bad?

6 posts
  1. want to know what the dslr owners out there think of the new olympus e330 and the new lcd viewfinder ,good idea and right direction or bad idea, wrong direction, just curious what your opinions are?

  2. If you do a search of these fourms you will find plenty of opinions regarding the E-330 and related equipment.

  3. want to know what the dslr owners out there think of the new olympus e330 and the new lcd viewfinder ,good idea and right direction or bad idea, wrong direction, just curious what your opinions are?

    Great idea! I have one and love it. The newest Olys 410, etc. have "live view." I think you will see more and more high-end cameras with this feature.

     

    cleaning640.jpg

     

    shawl640.jpg

     

    juvenile640.jpg

  4. Before going with it I would check out its high ISO performance. My Wife's Oly Evolt 500 has poor high ISO performance. Pics at ISO 800 are almost unusable.

  5. In fourty years of underwater photography I have never used film or digital above ISO 400 and find this to be an issue near the bottom of my concerns in camera choice. We all know that sub 35 mm sensors have more noise issues at high ISO than most 35 mm size sensors and that 35 mm sensors have more issues than most medium format sensors. But most are not using medium format cameras underwater. Every camera has trade offs and the E-330 is no exception. What is relevent is that in the price range the E-330 has as many upsides as the rest of the market and is capable of outstanding images in the normal ISO range.

     

    Phil Rudin

  6. I agree. I was just a little disappointed with the Evolt 500 "topside" performance shooting a track meet in late afternoon in shaded areas. I expected it to be better.

     

    Cheers,

    Gary

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.