Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

New User introduction

Started by sgietler ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

New User introduction

9 posts
  1. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, I've posted a couple times here but I just started to read the board more often over the last few weeks...

     

    I just got a Nikon D80, Sea & sea housing, dual Ys-90DX strobes, and 4 nikon lenses (60mm, 105mmVR, 10.5mm, 18-135mm). Many thanks to the wetpixel members who helped me with my questions over the last few weeks.

     

    I took in the water yesterday for the 1st time (beach dive!) with the 60mm, and it went pretty well. I'll be going off a boat on sunday.

     

    I'll be off to bali in 2 weeks for my second time there.

     

    I live in santa monica, CA and have a few hundred dives shooting marine life with my Fuji F10. I often help the LA community here with their fish and invertebrate id needs, and I run the website www.ladiving.org

     

    well I look forward to getting to know the wetpixel community!

     

    Scott

  2. Hi Scott,

     

    Welcome to the madhouse...

     

    Hope you have a great time in Bali..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. Welcome Scott, and good shooting in Bali - one of my favourite dive locations, and very convenient from our current home in Singapore. If you are connecting through Singapore for any time, I'd be happy to buy you a beer or two and discuss things aquatic.

     

    Although I shoot mainly video these days, I just bought my wife the D80 - very nice little machine. I also bought her the very versatile Nikon DX VR 18-200mm zoom lens and was playing with it over the w/e. Seems like one doesn't really need another lens, topside at least!

  4. Scott,

     

    Are you following me? It seems like wherever I go, there you are!

     

    Welcome to this pond, good buddy.

     

    Jim

  5. HI Scott welcome.

     

    I'm one of the normal guys around here. :)

     

    You have the same Nikon and Housing as me.

    Edited by wagsy
  6. wags, don't you have a D70?

     

     

    Welcome Scott and have fun in Bali, great place

  7. O yeh so I do... :)

  8. Yeah...and he's one of the 'NORMAL' guys...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  9. thanks Everyone

     

    its good to know that there are normal people here :)

     

    nick, I'll be in singapore for a few days, starting on Thursday, I'll send you a PM with my contact info...

     

    Scott

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.