Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Weird coloured Coral Banded Shrimp

Started by AndreSmith ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Weird coloured Coral Banded Shrimp

3 posts
  1. post-1323-1175799436_thumb.jpgWe have just returned from two weeks of Caribbean diving, Still sorting through a myriad of pictures but I have noticed one really weird picture.

    It was taken on a night dive in Dominica. I took several pictures of Coral Banded Shrimps which all came out quite normally. However this one has the stragest coloration of some of its organs. I am pretty sure it is not a photographic anomaly as all the other colours are OK.

    The picture is unmodified - just resized.

    Any ideas?

  2. That's a female with blue eggs & organs. Normal for the species.

  3. That's a female with blue eggs & organs. Normal for the species.

    Thanks Leslie

    I thought it may be eggs but I didn't realise that the blue colour would be on the dorsal side as well. Must all be part of the reproductive organs?

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.