Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Bahamas sharks video -- distilled down

Started by echeng ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Bahamas sharks video -- distilled down

8 posts
  1. Hey guys. I put together a little 2:25 shark video for a talk I gave at the Boston Sea Rovers last month, and I thought I'd share it here. It's footage yanked from a bunch of longer clips I posted after a March sharks trip with Jim Abernethy in the Bahamas.

     

    Enjoy!

     

    [veoh]v3592585qfnTWQt[/veoh]

  2. Nice Eric; sure captures the action. Makes me ready to go back, as I will in August. You gotta love those bumpity-bump dome shots.

  3. I caught Eric's presentation at the Sea Rovers and it was the highlight of the daytime show.

  4. Definitely need to do this trip again for the Great Hammer action and the Bulls at Walker's. Missed both of those in January.

     

    You have some excellent chomping shots Eric. Nice stuff.

     

    Music is very laid back - were you really this laid back shooting these takes?

  5. Thats Cool Eric. :rolleyes:

     

    Much better than the silly people that come here that just want to kill them for fun along with all the other marine life.

    Edited by wagsy
  6. Nice video Eric.

     

    We had a Spanish guy on our boat a couple of weeks ago who said that the sharks at Tiger Beach are getting a bit too boisterous recently and an accident is expected soon. I've no idea of his source, it's just what he said to me.

  7. We spent some time with the Tigers in the Bahamas this March aboard the Dolphin Dream. Although we were inundated with Lemon sharks we did not see any Hammerheads or Bulls. Towards the end of the trip one of the Tigers started to get a little aggressive but she was being beaten to the chum by the Lemons and was obviously hungry and more than a little frustrated. When she started cozying up to my butt from behind I thought it prudent to exit the water and call it a day. I have posted a clip at: http://stage6.divx.com/OceanView-HD/video/...jesty-in-Motion.

  8. That was great! Now that my wife and diving partner has seen it, I'll never get her on that boat... :)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.