Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Software reccomendation needed for HV20 or HC7

Started by Photobeat ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Software reccomendation needed for HV20 or HC7

5 posts
  1. I am leaning toward the HV20 over the HC7 but need a reccomendation for video editing software. No doing anything professsional - something basic/value oriented. I don't need many special effects but would like to be able to get a film look. I have experience with Pinnacle stuff and am tech savy but far from a video expert. The 24fps with the HV20 hs me wondering if that will be a problem. I want to edit back to the camera on tape for HD storage but I guess down convert to standard for a DVD burn. I know final cut is way to much for me - was thinking premier or premier elements?... Windows XP

     

    thanks.

  2. I know final cut is way to much for me - was thinking premier or premier elements?... Windows XP

     

    Not sure if you were talking about price too much or learning curve too much?

     

    Final Cut is Mac only, Premiere is easy to work with, but for some reason I am thinking Edius. :rolleyes:

     

    Wagsy (one of the mods) posts alot of good info about the software, and he has got me thinking about it and I am a die hard Mac fan :ninja: Joking aside that would be one to check out. Sony Vegas is another people seem to like.

  3. I use Sony Vegas and am very happy with it. It should be able to do what you want and is more stable than Premiere Pro. It's also cheaper than Premiere Pro or Edius.

  4. Photobeat; Not a reply to your softward question but if you are leaning toward the HV20 are you sure a manufacturer is going to be making a housing for it?

  5. I am mainly a still shooter UW but Ike looks like a good bet according to some retailers (if I decide to go under with it)

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.