Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

looks cool! FlashTrax

Started by Reefkeep ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

looks cool! FlashTrax

11 posts
  1. I like them both, look at the pciture of the flashtrax. It's full geek factor!

     

    http://www.smartdisk.com/

  2. Allright. How about this:

     

    My IT dept. just upgraded (hee hee) my laptop HD from 15 GB to 40 GB.

     

    This means I now have a spare 15 GigaByte laptop drive...

     

    So which storage tank systems do you have to provide your own drive for?

  3. I found the following quote relating to the Flashtrax and RAW files. Does anyone know specifically if it works with Olympus files both in read and display functions?

     

    "Does FlashTrax read RAW format data (from Canon, Nikon, etc)?.

    FlashTrax can read any RAW format files from flash media and store them on its hard drive, just like JPEG’s. FlashTrax also provides the ability to view many RAW format files on its LCD."

  4. I have been holding out on buying a portable storage device until the Flashtrax came out. I got an email today from B&H saying they are in stock now for $500 (30GB I think). Ouch! I like the large flip down display, but $500 is a little steep. I can get the V-MP3H with a 40GB HD for under $300. The only difference between the two is the display size, USB 2.0 vs. USB 1.0, RAW viewing capability. Oh well, maybe it will come down in price in the next two months (I need something for my trip in July).

     

    Chris

  5. Chris,

    I assume that you saw the posting for the x-drive for $182. Granted you can't get a display but even the FlashTrax with a 3+" screen can't show much as compared to a laptop or even a TV. I waited a long time for the FlashTrax, finally gave up and bought the Archos.

  6. I wonder if you can view the Canon Raw files on it?

  7. Chris,

    I assume that you saw the posting for the x-drive for $182.  Granted you can't get a display but even the FlashTrax with a 3+" screen can't show much as compared to a laptop or even a TV.  I waited a long time for the FlashTrax, finally gave up and bought the Archos.

    Yeah, I saw the x-drive on Computer Geeks for $182, but I have decided to wait a little longer to see what pops up on eBay or on the market. Before the comp. geeks deal, I could get an x-drive for about $120 without a hd, so I don't think I will lose too much if that deal isn't available a month from now. About two weeks ago they had the V-MP3H for $192 shipped without a HD (they have since sold out).

     

    I really want a unit that either has an LCD screen, or has a video out plug. I think I would want the ability to view all of the pictures I have taken on a trip via the player or a TV instead of just the ones left on my CF card. The only ones that come to mind right now that meet that criteria are the V-MP3H, FlashTrax, Nixvue Vista, Delkin Picture Pad, or the Cinema Disk. There are probably others, but I can't think of them right now.

     

    I have even thought about using a PDA to copy files to a HD (see setup here), so at least I will be lugging around a device that serves more than one purpose.

     

    I will probably end up getting a plain vanilla unit that copies the files onto a HD for a short-term solution and see what happens in the market over the next year or so.

     

    Chris

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.