Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Nubie with questions :-)

Started by thetraveler ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Nubie with questions :-)

2 posts
  1. Hello let me fyrst introduce myself. My name is Einar Myklebust I am a long time diver total nubie when it comes to underwater photography. I have already selected the camera I am going to use, it is the Canon 5D I am however torn on housing and lences for it. On the housing I am stuck between 2 choises, either the Subal CD5 or the Aquatica 5D I am curenty living in Seattle Wa Usa but am seriously considdering moving back to Norway my country of origin in a few years. Any sugestions? I know from the forums there has been questios raced over the parts availabillety for the Subal in the Us with no distributor here but I feel with my good posabilety of moving back to Norway and even if I don't move back I still travel there on a frequent basis to where this is a non issue for me. Is there a hands down best choise for the 5D or are they all good enough to where it comes down to prefrance? As for lenses I am primerely interested in landscape and people photograpy more than macro. Any sugestions on lences? Any help would be apresiated and thanks for a grate forum :D

  2. Welcome to the madness. :D

     

    Seriously, UW photography is a blast!

     

    Since you're a long-time diver, you probably already have good bouyancy control, and that's one of the best things you can do to improve your UW photographs.

     

    I don't know a thing about the 5D. I use Nikon gear. But there's a thread here: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18486 where someone else had questions about using a 5D, and there's lots of good info in it.

     

    Good luck and happy shooting!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.