Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

THE EVOLUTION OF UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY

Started by Cybergoldfish ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

THE EVOLUTION OF UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY

5 posts
  1. Love it or hate it, Nikonos began it - The most respected evolutionary step in recreational and professional underwater photography.

     

    Read the story

    Here

  2. Basically the RS is too big and too expensive. One diver I once met used his Nik II not for photography but to keep his keys dry during the dive. Few eccentrics like him would do that with the RS, which belongs to the world of designer stubble and fashion accessories, not club dives.

     

    Diving with the RS has been likened to diving with an engine block. It is so negatively buoyant that (if you have a wings type BC) you can find it very difficult to remain upright on the surface. The combination will force you to do a lot of finning to stop you going face down.

     

    ROFL!! :)

     

    Jack

  3. Me too!

     

    The RS has the best viewfinder I have ever used underwater, it's a cross between a top quality external finder and a pentaprism.

     

    One the two occasions I used one (both in cold water) I never had too much trouble with the weight although the SB104 was a beast on the end of a silly rigid arm.

     

    Wish I had one!

  4. Wish I had one!

    You mean the RS, or a rigid arm? :P

  5. The RS - I got the arm already! :P

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.