Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Small Red Sea cardinalfish

Started by d4erla ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Small Red Sea cardinalfish

5 posts
  1. Took this shot of a small cardinalfish (?) outside of Hurghada a few days ago. It was really tiny (< 10 mm if I remember correctly). Can't find it in any of my guides, guess it's a juvenile of some kind.

     

    /Erik

    post-653-1176462738_thumb.jpg

  2. Hi Eric,

     

    nice shot, this is a juvenile bodianus anthioides, or lyretail hogfish.

    very cute!

     

    bargi

  3. I'm impressed, now that I'm looking in the right section of the book I see that you're absolutely right! It is kind of cardinalfish-like though.

     

    Thanks for the help.

  4. That's a cool shot. Did it move around a lot or was it posing?

  5. It was moving quite a lot, took a number of shots but only the first one came out right.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.