Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

iMovie HD import

Started by redryder ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

iMovie HD import

3 posts
  1. I usually edit on Final Cut Pro/MacPro G5 quad, but for a daily check of my footage on divetrips I planned to buy a MacBook Pro and use iMovie HD.

     

    I tested iMovie HD on a MacMini intel core duo 1,83 GHZ to see if such a small macchine could handle HDV import (sony a1e 1080/50i); everything seems fine but when a playback the captured .mov file it is in slowmotion (approximately 20%-30% slower then the original).

     

    Is this due to the machine, software or what else ?

     

    Moreover is the imported .mov file with iMovie HD the same quality as the Final Cut Pro and could be transferred to Final Cut Pro simply by copying it to an external hard disk ?

     

    Thanks for any help

     

    Alberto

  2. I usually edit on Final Cut Pro/MacPro G5 quad, but for a daily check of my footage on divetrips I planned to buy a MacBook Pro and use iMovie HD.

     

    I tested iMovie HD on a MacMini intel core duo 1,83 GHZ to see if such a small macchine could handle HDV import (sony a1e 1080/50i); everything seems fine but when a playback the captured .mov file it is in slowmotion (approximately 20%-30% slower then the original).

     

    Is this due to the machine, software or what else ?

     

    Moreover is the imported .mov file with iMovie HD the same quality as the Final Cut Pro and could be transferred to Final Cut Pro simply by copying it to an external hard disk ?

     

    Thanks for any help

     

    Alberto

     

     

    I am not a real expert in iMovie, but my former experience sais, that the file you have imported into iMovie, can not be transferred into FCP. To be frank, I would use FCP on a macbook pro, when I had that laptop I could use it without any issue with FCP.

  3. Moreover is the imported .mov file with iMovie HD the same quality as the Final Cut Pro and could be transferred to Final Cut Pro simply by copying it to an external hard disk ?

     

     

    I second usinfg Final Cut on a MacBook Pro if you can, I use iMovie from time to time, depending on circumstances, but FCP on the MacBook Pro is fine (if ou have Universal Binary version)

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.