Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Web slide show

Started by vlad ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Web slide show

1 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I have been searching for quite a while for an easy to use web slide show script.

    To probably everybody's surprise, I can't find one that I like.

     

    I am running my pictures off my personal web server and I have scripts that transform them and create the web pages. I would like a button/link that can be pushed by anybody and start a slide show of the pictures that are on the particular folder they are looking at

     

    Here are my requirements:

    - Free

    - Stand alone - no pbase, no flkr, no yahoo photos. I want to be able to install it and use it from my own web server. Even better I would like to not install it, just copy it on a web folder and use it.

    - Easy to use - I don't want a automated thing that will create the folders for me and then the script and then the links and then copy the pictures in its folders. I want something that lets me add pictures in a file and then goes through that file and displays them. The file can be any format, xml preferable

    - Decent looking - I can write my own java script with a button that parses an xml file and displays the pictures indicated in it but I want something that looks better

    - I don't want to use a photo management daemon like gallery

    - I don't want to use JAlbum.

    - I don't want all the pictures from the slideshow to be preloaded.

     

    What I found that almost suits me is Autoviewer from http://www.airtightinteractive.com/projects/autoviewer/ but they preload all the pictures before starting to display them and I don't like that.

     

    Can anybody suggest something?

    Thank you

    Vlad

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.