Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Photo Comp Mishap!

Started by kriptap ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Photo Comp Mishap!

2 posts
  1. We have an annual photo competition here in Cayman called Cayfest. I was lucky enough to win the underwater photo category last year and entered again this year. On the 18th of this month I was called to say I won first and third this year! About 30 minutes later a good friend of mine called to say that he also was called and told that he had won the first prize in the same category?? Strange, so I went to the main office to find out who had won, they showed me the final paper with all the winners on it and sure enough I had not won, my friend had. So after congratulating him we went to the showing and prize night. To my surprise I had won first place but they had made a mistake and his name was on it! I was given an apology and told the mistake would be cleared up, we'll see.

  2. Well, no matter who the winner is, it's worth a couple of beers.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.