Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aperture 1.5.3

Started by Craig Ruaux ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Aperture 1.5.3

4 posts
  1. Apple has released an update of Aperture to 1.5.3. This is a free upgrade for all registered users of Aperture. The main benefit is a claimed to be an "increase in performance"... and so far this seems to be the case for me. Running on my MacBook Pro with a total library of 1500 d200 raws it is going really really fast. I've yet to try it with the 50K image main library, but so far things look good.

     

    Update is available here, weighing in at a pretty heft 190 MB.

  2. software update will download it automatically if you have it installed on your Mac.

  3. Strangely, Software Update never seems to realise that I need Aperture updates. Maybe this is because I don't let the machine do automatic updates... anyway, overall I'm pretty happy with the way 1.5.3 is performing.

     

    I just timed it displaying 11500 files in the browser from my NAS over gigabit ethernet, and it took 40 seconds to display all the thumbnails. Scrolling is faster and I am yet to see a macspod.gif (shamelessly stolen from Eric :wacko: )

    Edited by Craig Ruaux
  4. there are tools to rebuild the database and that can also speed aperture up. I had done a lot of shuffling at first as I was figuring out how I wanted my ratings and projects to work, and a database rebuild sped me up a lot.

     

    http://homepage.mac.com/bagelturf/files/6c...2c5675-807.html

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.