Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

What do I have to do to be able to use my Photoshop on my PC while I am Home and on my laptop while I am away?

Started by diverdon ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

What do I have to do to be able to use my Photoshop on my PC while I am Home and on my laptop while I am away?

8 posts
  1. I have a licensed copy of CS2. While I am home I use Photoshop on my windows desktop. I take most of my pictures while I am traveling. I now have a laptop to take with me when I am traveling so that I can get some of my Photoshop work done before I return home. I need to have some way to be able to use Photoshop on my desktop while I am at home and use it on my laptop while I am traveling.

     

    I registered my copy of CS2 when I installed it on my desktop. I went to install it on my laptop and I put my serial number in and then the laptop wanted to contact Adobe to register the soft ware. I declined out of fear that would cause some kind of problem. So I only had the 30 day trial on the laptop. Not the trial is expired, and I will be leaving on another trip soon.

     

    What do I have to do to be able to use my Photoshop on my PC while I am Home and on my laptop while I am away?

  2. Hi Don,

     

    I believe you get to install it on 2 computers but you may only use one at a time. As long as your desktop is turned off you should be able to register it w/ Adobe.

     

    Don't take my word for it though - you can just email them or check the support page.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I got the answer:

     

    Hi Don,

    If you read the licensing information to which you agreed when installing, you'll see that you are permitted to install the software on two (2) computers, although only one can be running the program at any given time. Install and register on the laptop -- not a problem.

     

     

    Pete

    NAPP Help Desk

  4. install and run with it

  5. You may be prompted to call Adobe when the online registration recognizes that yoiu have already registered one computer. No problem. This will also happen when you reinstall the software on a new machine in the future. As long as you are taking the programme off the old computer or not using it on that computer anymore, they will authorize you to install it.

  6. Just curious - does anyone know whether Adobe would allow one to double install if the mothership computer were a PC and the laptop an Apple (or vice versa). This sounds too good to be possible, but I'm starting to think about shifting applewards for my next laptop...

  7. Pretty sure you can; this has been brought up in a thread somewhere before; and I think it is mentioned somewhere on Adobe's website.

    Welcome to the dark side. ;)

  8. Just curious - does anyone know whether Adobe would allow one to double install if the mothership computer were a PC and the laptop an Apple (or vice versa). This sounds too good to be possible, but I'm starting to think about shifting applewards for my next laptop...

    according to adobe customer support you cannot do that. you license for a product/platform combo.

    when you upgrade you can change platforms for the cost of the upgrade (that's what i am doing for cs3 going from win to mac). what happens to your existing win copy? no idea i will find out soon and will keep you posted.

    hth/paul

    Edited by 3@5
Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.