I'm going to make a couple 20x30 posters, I've never really printed my photos before...
a few general questions...
- If I took the photos in RAW (nikon d80, 10megapixels), will the posters look much better if I send them a TIFF file instead of a high-quality (level 10) JPEG file? I imagine the TIFF files will take much longer to upload....
- do LUSTRE or GLOSSY formats usually look better for underwater photos?
- I've never played around with color schemes / color spaces before, I believe my photos default to sRGB? (the top of my photos say RGB/8). out of laziness I was planning on not calibrating my monitor, adjusting my monitor to their output, or viewing my photos using their profile, or changing the color space, or anything like that. Is this a grave mistake? Will my posters most likely look similar to how I see them on my screen? I'm using a pretty good SHARP flat-panel monitor.
thanks,
Scott