Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What settings for Sony DSC W 90 ?

Started by Red Sea Diver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

What settings for Sony DSC W 90 ?

6 posts
  1. Hi all. ;)

     

    I´m new to the forum and relatively inexperienced in underwater photography.

     

    I´m about to buy a Sony DSC W 90 with the MPK WB housing. Can anybody supply me with any info on the camera, especially the correct settings for underwater?

     

    Thanks

     

    Andy

  2. Sorry for the delay but I was hoping someone with a W90 would reply first. I have a N2 which I am hoping is similar enough that the settings I have found to be successful will work with your camera as well.

     

    For Macro photos:

    Manual Mode

    - F4.0

    -Shutter @ 1000

     

    Focus: Spot AF

    Flash: Forced Flash

    Macro: On

    Color Mode: Vivid

    Metering Mode: Spot

    White Balance: Daylight

    ISO: 100

    P.Quality: Fine

    Contrast: Normal

    Sharpness: Normal

    Digital Zoom: Off

    Red Eye Reduction: Off

    AF Illuminator: Off

    Housing: On

     

    For general photos I tend to use the Program Mode with most of the same settings. The video mode on my camera doesnt allow any setup/change so I cant make adjustments to that portion.

  3. Thanks a million, I guess the settings on both cameras are more or less the same. Now to go and try it out.

     

    :rolleyes:

     

    Andy

  4. I know this is a old thread but was hoping to get some help with settings for my Sony dsc-n2 on non macro shots

  5. I know this is a old thread but was hoping to get some help with settings for my Sony dsc-n2 on non macro shots

    intersting

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.