Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Beneath the Sea 2007 - Where's the loot ?

Started by Alex_Tattersall ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Beneath the Sea 2007 - Where's the loot ?

16 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I got an honorable mention in the Beneath the Sea competition for a puffer shot. I haven't heard anything at all from the organisers of the competition, not an email of congratulations, nothing. I've emailed them 3 times to see if I've won anything with no response.

     

    Considering they have 57 sponsors on their website and have probably taken a good few dollars for competition entries I think this is a bit odd.

     

    Can anyone here shed any light on this, or have any other winners had any correspondance ?

     

    I'd quite like my money back :)

     

    Alex

  2. Hi all,

     

    I got an honorable mention in the Beneath the Sea competition for a puffer shot. I haven't heard anything at all from the organisers of the competition, not an email of congratulations, nothing. I've emailed them 3 times to see if I've won anything with no response.

     

    Considering they have 57 sponsors on their website and have probably taken a good few dollars for competition entries I think this is a bit odd.

     

    Can anyone here shed any light on this, or have any other winners had any correspondance ?

     

    I'd quite like my money back :)

     

    Alex

     

    Alex

    I just got something in the mail maybe a week ago, for my third-place BTS win...it seems they're getting to it slowly but surely

    glo

  3. Alex have they given you your prize yet, have they come in contact with you at least?

     

    Nicholas.

    Edited by Nicholas S.
  4. I got an email saying that the letter of congratulations was lost in the post. Since then I have emailed them 5 times with no reply. Unless there is a perfectly reasonable explanation (which there might well be, I just haven't had the chance to find out), I am starting to think they are incredibly rude and am developing quite a sour taste in my mouth.

     

    They were quite happy to contact me when I was sending them US$50 to enter my images. As a Southpark episode I once saw.... I'd like to declare Shenanigans on BTS 2007 :lol:

  5. Hi Alex,

     

    They were quite happy to contact me when I was sending them US$50 to enter my images. As a Southpark episode I once saw.... I'd like to declare Shenanigans on BTS 2007 ^_^

     

    I have my broom ready... :lol:

     

    Bruce

  6. Prizes are not why I entered but I have yet to see anything.

  7. Thanks Bruce.. knew I could count on you :)

  8. Is your prize still lost in the mail??..:)

  9. Apparently... sorry all, I'm not normally a petty person. Just don't like injustice or being treated badly !!

     

    I'll leave it there... but I won't be participating in Beneath the Sea 2008 unless the organisers suddenly redeem themselves in some way...

     

    If they do, I'll let you all know :lol:

  10. My wife and I have had nothing but a great experience with Beneath the Sea. We both had winners this year and I had a winning image 2 years ago. In 2005 I received official notification of my winner in the mail and I received my prize quickly. This year we both received notification of our winners before the results were public – via a message on our machine as well as a letters in the mail. They have also been very good about communicating with us regarding our prizes. I have already received my prize in the mail and Susie has been provided information on her prize, which is a trip.

  11. Hey guys and gals,

     

    BTS is an all volunteer group like most other competitions. Thus they have other jobs and such and it's not always easy to get to the prize distribution as your number one "to do" action. Nonetheless, your prizes are forthcoming and BTS is a little slow. Last year I placed in one of the categories and got my prizes in the August-September time frame. I actually forgot about the BTS prizes because it had been so long but things started showing up. I will say that I also won a subscription to FATHOM's Magazine, filled out the paperwork and never got any issues. :rolleyes:

  12. Have hope, came home today to a nice suprise a Spare Air, Delux Package on the door step.

  13. Update- Got a letter saying that honorable mentions get nothing... maybe I brought that on myself :D

     

    57 sponsors.. hmmm

     

    Oh well, onwards and upwards ;)

  14. It's pretty rare for honorable mentions to get anything. I normally dont expect anything if I have an honorable mention.

     

    Cor

  15. It's pretty rare for honorable mentions to get anything. I normally dont expect anything if I have an honorable mention.

     

    Cor

     

    How rare is it for an honorable mention not to know they'd gotten noticed until months later?? :D

    :D I just looked at the BTS website and noticed Cor got an honorable mention and he didn't even know!!

     

    P.S. Someone really needs to redesign that starting webpage. I think I just had a seizure..;)

  16. How rare is it for an honorable mention not to know they'd gotten noticed until months later?? :D

    :D I just looked at the BTS website and noticed Cor got an honorable mention and he didn't even know!!

     

    P.S. Someone really needs to redesign that starting webpage. I think I just had a seizure..;)

     

    ;)

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.