Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Jellyfish? eggs?

Started by d3sertdiver ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Jellyfish? eggs?

4 posts
  1. I took these about a week ago. Red Sea, Eilat, Israel.

    I'm not sure what they are, (first time I saw them and I've been diving here for 2 years).

    They seem to come in colonies and get seperated from each other gradually.

    post-10000-1178490616_thumb.jpgpost-10000-1178490637_thumb.jpg

  2. Very cool. They are salps, which are like colonial, floating sea-squirts (tunicates).

  3. You usually get thick blooms of them around May-June in the Red Sea. Common sight in South Sinai at that time.

     

    Alex

  4. thanks =]

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.