Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Phantom Velvetfish

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Phantom Velvetfish

3 posts
  1. Just wondering if this is the name of this critter? Been led to believe it is but can't find any written reference to it in the ten or so ID books I have, come to think of it I can't find the damn thing at all !!

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

     

    P.S This is a stills grab from Z1U Video Footage

  2. Just wondering if this is the name of this critter? Been led to believe it is but can't find any written reference to it in the ten or so ID books I have, come to think of it I can't find the damn thing at all !!

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

     

    P.S This is a stills grab from Z1U Video Footage

     

    was this taken in Palau?

     

    A search for velvet phantomfish on google images brings up images that look similar to your photo... nice find

     

    Scott

  3. Scott,

    Indeed this was in Palau. I'm working on a Muck Diving project here with some astonishing critters. All will be revealed soon. Thanks for the input. I have since found more reference to the critter online and indeed it is what I expected.

     

    Thanks mate,

    Mark.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.