Hello all
I'm getting pretty close to picking out a digicam system but I am a bit stuck on the strobe options. I'm a long time Nikonos user with a couple of Ikelite Substrobe 50's and know I'll need a new strobe for the new rig. The options as I see it are:
1. Cheap, Fantasea nano, or Sealife, both optic sync to the digicams internal flash Question do they fire and quench with the digicam's strobe or just fire and full dump every time?
2. Ikelite DS51 w/manual controller. Sort of mid priced, I'm a bit unsure of the manual controller route, I'd love to hear comments on how easy it is to get the right exposure wit this rig. I confess to being a TTL user with the Nikonos, I've got strobe to subject distance so that in combination with TTL everythgin works out "most" times.
3. Inon or Sea&Sea most $$ but most features, if I were to go this route I'm leaning towards the Inon 2000 as it looks like it has a lot of features, can anyone confirm the features a) work and B) are worth it
Feel free to try and confuse me with more options I may have missed.
FYI the camera looks like it will be a Canon A640 in and Ike housing. a second dtrobe will be added after I master whatever strobe I get initially. And shots will be 75% macro 25% WA.
Thanks
Kerry