Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Nikonos SB105's

Started by andrew73 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikonos SB105's

4 posts
  1. Do many guys still use these? I haven't seen them in use very much.

     

    Although I've got 2 rigged up, I've only been using 1 as I find having both fire at once giving me overexposed shots, even though I've set both at 1/16. Is this a common thing? Just a bit more info-I usually shoot macro stuff more than WA, if at all!

     

    Any useful tips on the characteristics of the 105s would be appreciated! Thanks thanks! :rolleyes:

  2. I use dual SB-105 with my D70 and really like them, the big advantage of them is the price, I just picked a third one in e-bay for 200$, the powerful enough to my needs including WA and I really like the fact that they use standard batteries, another thing they are positive in water and its make my all rig very close to naturally.

    The cons I found: the recycle time its not fast enough when I use full power (only in WA) and the disadvance of the standard batteries - they don't last as the dedicated ones, also I really don't like the cord connector to the strobe.

    Regarding the overexposed, in macro I usually them with 1/16-1/4 combination with no problem.

    What F-stop you use?

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal
  3. I used them for a while. I like that they have a built in slave sensor, but that's about it. Like Arnon said, the design of the sync socket stinks. Also, for a slave that takes 4 AA's it could be a LOT smaller (think Inon or Ike DS51).

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Hi guys,

     

    I usually have f16-f19 or lesser tho I've sometimes tried f22. Do you have a preferred setting on the primary strobe ie. 1/4 and the other on 1/16 or vice versa? I haven't done any WA with it so I can't comment on that. Perhaps it's the positioning of the strobe I should try adjusting.

     

    Yes, I like the +ve on it but like we all agree on-it's bulky for a 4AA strobe, which is why I'm thinking of trying to go with just 1 on a few dives. Any tips on that would be much appreciated! :o

     

    :rolleyes::blink::)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.