Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Tripod or other technique for long exposures?

Started by Ethan ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Tripod or other technique for long exposures?

5 posts
  1. I've been thinking about trying some longish exposures (> 1 sec.) and was hoping that someone has had experience with tripods or other stabilization techniques uw. I don't want to destroy my land tripod and don't want to use a "sand" bag due to how much surface area it covers on the substrate. Any suggestions for brands of tripod and long exposure techniques uw?

  2. Gates has a UW tripod for their video cameras.

     

    Have a look at the gates website to see if it is there, should work no problem

  3. Thanks very much gentlemen, though I use that term very loosely for you Mike. That's the exact info I was looking for!

     

    -Ethan

  4. Ethan, you going to leave your camera on a tripod while you go off snorkeling?

     

    :)

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.