Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

An easy question - Air fill prices

Started by PRC ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

An easy question - Air fill prices

11 posts
  1. Out of morbid interest what are the prices of a commercial air fill in your part of the world.

     

    Me first -

     

    12 Litre tank to 232Bar

     

    Air - 2.40 GBP ( 5 USD ).

     

    Nitrox 32 - 6.50 GBP ( 13 USD ).

     

    This all came about as our two local operators are seeming to want to jack the prices somewhat - interesting times.

     

    This is a great spectator sport that does not totally affect me as I have a compressor and O2 bank of my own.

     

    So what are the costs in your area ?

     

    Lets not talk about Helium prices - I get depressed toooooooooooo easy :)

     

    Paul C

    Edited by PRC
  2. Out of morbid interest what are the prices of a commercial air fill in your part of the world.

     

    Me first -

     

    12 Litre tank to 232Bar

     

    Air - 2.40 GBP ( 5 USD ).

     

    Nitrox 32 - 6.50 GBP ( 13 USD ).

     

    This all came about as our two local operators are seeming to want to jack the prices somewhat - interesting times.

     

    This is a great spectator sport that does not totally affect me as I have a compressor and O2 bank of my own.

     

    So what are the costs in your area ?

     

    Lets not talk about Helium prices - I get depressed toooooooooooo easy :)

     

    Paul C

     

    Here, air ranges from 1€ in places like Decathlon to 5€ in small diveshops. I also have my own (well, is my girlfriend´s :) ) small compressor (Bauer Junior II) so I don´t usually fill elsewhere.

    I think that diveshops don´t make a profit by filling at those prices (if they change filters, oil etc... when they should, but that´s another topic...) but it is a service they need to have.

  3. Both Air and Nitrox are free at two of the dive shops I shop at.

  4. My local dive shop charges £3 for air and £5 for nitrox

  5. Both Air and Nitrox are free at two of the dive shops I shop at.

     

     

    Quite a deal - presumably you own it, work for it or both !

     

    Paul C

  6. LA prices more or less $3 to $5 for an AL 80 to 3000 PSI (no metric for me).

    Nitrox I don't know. boat prices usually $2.00 or so per fill.

    Bill

  7. $5-$8 for 3000psi 80's

  8. Some shops in Warszawa offer free air fills just to attract customers.

    I guess they assume people tend to buy something once in a while when they visit the store.

     

    Most places charge 15-20 zł ($5-7) for 15l tank.

  9. I live in Santa Barbara and the local dive shops support the Paradise Dive Club (www.paradisediveclub.org) by providing free air fill cards to members. We support the local shops by patronizing their stores. It works well for all parties. Nitrox fills are extra. Most of the dive boats in the area include air fills (and food) as part of the charter price.

  10. HI Paul,

    I got caught for the best part of £14 GBP :) for top up fill for twin 7s

    300bar I have now got the receipt framed, I will not be going back to

    that shop again, 15litre £3.50 air, twin 12s 30% nitrox £10.70 which I

    don't think is to bad. See you in June,

    Andy :):lol:

  11. Hi Andy,

     

    You know it looks as though the UK is right up there cost wise. Bit like the petrol where the UK 'Leads the world' in pricing ........mmmmmmmm

     

     

    Yea looking forward to June - weather here has been awful :).

     

    Paul C

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.