Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Exporting HDV timeline back to tape on FCP

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Exporting HDV timeline back to tape on FCP

6 posts
  1. Guys,

    Has anyone had problems exportinga HDV timeline back to tape. I have tried this using HDV preset, no joy at all but can do it in SD. Been trying different audio and vid settings but no joy.

     

    Used to be able to do it on PP easy as....

     

    Jon

  2. Jonny

    It would help if you list the following:

    Computer model, ram, HDD space

    OSX, FCP, QT version

    What exactly is happening? No one can help you without details.

  3. Running an IMAC, with 2G RAM, 120Gig HD space however the scratch disc is and ext 300 G, with about 200 Gig free. Both are 7200 speed.

     

    Latest version of OS X, FCP 5.1.4 I think and QT 7, I did an update yesterday to check all is UTD

     

    When I try and export to tape in HD I error message states that HD is not supported use print to video and when I try this the error message of no device connected comes up.

     

     

    Connection is via Firewire

     

    Camera is a HC 1

     

    The audio and video settings are set to HDV 1080i 50

     

    When I change the audio and video settings to DV PAL, I can print to tape no worries at all.

     

    What other info would be helpful?

     

     

    Jon

  4. Jonny I assume you have a G5 iMac? If you are using the same firewire ports for drives and camera, that could be a problem. Try disconnect the FW drive.

    Are you using the FCP preset for HDV/50i?

    Also what are you settings on the camera? Do you have it on AUTO or set to HDV?

  5. Jonny I assume you have a G5 iMac?

     

    Using an intel iMac

     

    If you are using the same firewire ports for drives and camera, that could be a problem. Try disconnect the FW drive.

     

    External hard drive is connected via usb camera via firewire

     

     

    Are you using the FCP preset for HDV/50i?

     

    Yes

     

    Also what are you settings on the camera? Do you have it on AUTO or set to HDV?

     

    Have it set to auto

     

    Just tried another project to see if it made a difference,

     

    Tried edit to tape:

     

    Error message: Capture preset is to HDV. Edit to tape is unsupported with this config. Please use print to video

     

    So used print to video, this time I could get a connection and if I set it so that it automatically records camcorder with start recording at appropriate time however no picture no sound is n timeline so could not tell whether audio transfered, (camera is in edit tape mode). If I try with camera in Camera / tape mode will set the camera to record and it records through the lens.

     

     

    Jon

  6. Just shut everything down, reset camera, started up FCP again, worked :) .

     

    Have no idea what was going wrong but it seams to be working,

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.