Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Dome Protection

Started by okuma ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Dome Protection

8 posts
  1. When diving on a live aboard and using the small boat to go to/from the dive site, do you use a cover/guard over your dome port?

  2. i use the rubber cover on my port always. but i don't use a dome shade.

  3. I don't use a dome cover - but from observation I am something of an exception. Never picked up a scratch on the boat.

     

    Alex

  4. When diving on a live aboard and using the small boat to go to/from the dive site, do you use a cover/guard over your dome port?

     

    Always.

    Practice "Safe Shooting"

     

    Now the questin you SHOULD be asking is: "how many of you dive with your LENS cap on?"

  5. "how many of you dive with your LENS cap on?"

     

    At least twice.... :)

  6. I always use a cover, then it comes off and in my wet suit once in the water and before coming out.

    Edited by meister
  7. HI,

    I leave the cover on till in the water, then in to BC pocket & to the next

    question yes I have left my lens cover on once, :) not a lot of fun when

    everyone else is taking images, but I was not the only one on the trip

    Andy :):lol:

  8. I always enter the water and leave the water with port protection.

     

    I was once doing a safety stop next to a hang bar. Someone grabbed the bar hard and it hit my subal 105 port and took a chunk out of the glass. Amazed it did not shatter. After that, cover on. I think it was about $270 to replace the glass. With all the exposure of a dome port, without a doubt.

     

    When you hand a camera up, the DM don't all handle it well and people throwing cameras into the dip tank etc..

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.