Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Another Adobe CS3 install warning

Started by Drew ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Another Adobe CS3 install warning

6 posts
  1. First I had to reactivate all my previous non-CS3 software (no warning from the Installers!) then now CS3 installers shut down your firewalls to set up the TCP ports for Version Cue and LEAVES THEM OFF. Pretty sloppy work by Adobe.

    This is only valid for Mac OSX users.

     

    Adobe Version Cue Warning

  2. First I had to reactivate all my previous non-CS3 software (no warning from the Installers!) then now CS3 installers shut down your firewalls to set up the TCP ports for Version Cue and LEAVES THEM OFF. Pretty sloppy work by Adobe.

    This is only valid for Mac OSX users.

     

     

    Drew

     

    Which version of OSX are you running and did you see any other hang ups/hiccups? When I got the MacBook Pro I updated to OS 10.4.7 or 8 (whichever was then current) and tried installing the CS2 after I had all the other software loaded. There was something between Apple and Adobe (each said it was the other one) where the security, perhaps related to Quicktime (kind of hazy, it is has been a year) so Adobe would not install at all, it would keep quitting. So I had to wipe the computer clean and try again.

  3. Strange. I have CS2 and CS3 installed fine on both my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro. I had to run some scripts to remove CS3 beta properly in order to get CS3 installed.

     

    It didn't turn off my Firewall, either.

  4. Well, it did mine. You have to have the personal firewall on when you install before it does that. I use Net Barrier and Personal Firewall on the road so it's an issue for me. For most who use CS3 at home via a router, it's not an issue.

    I've had no hangups other than the stupid CS3 insisting I reregister (repair) the registration of my AE7. Which is fine since I caught it before I left for a place without internet. Can you imagine going on location in Africa and having to call Adobe to activate software you had previously activated ALREADY? It's really pretty sloppy of Adobe to do that.

    Edited by Drew
  5. That actually happened to me once (PS2 insisted that I re-activate, after a random machine crash, while I was on the road!). Since then, I have carried around a PS2 crack, just in case.

     

    Now that I'm on PS3, I'll have to figure out another solution, until I find a crack.

    Edited by echeng
  6. Thanks for the info, right now figuring out all the combinations/updates I will get.

     

    Can you imagine going on location in Africa and having to call Adobe to activate software you had previously activated ALREADY? It's really pretty sloppy of Adobe to do that.

     

     

    Totally agree - that is always the nightmare scenario for me, being somewhere like that and needing to do reinstalls. I carry a clone of my laptop hard drive when I travel, but the Adobe activation scheme would present problems.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.