Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Camera Shoping New Jersey

Started by Tauchertraum ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Camera Shoping New Jersey

7 posts
  1. Hi Guys,

     

    I come from from Germany and I stay for two Days in Weehawken New Jersey. I will buy a Camcorder Sony, some Batteries and Tripod and some Computer Articels.

     

    Somebody knows a good Adress in this Area, not to far to buy that things.

     

    I know B&H in Manhattan, but there is the Sales Tax ?

     

     

    Best regards

     

    Michael

    Edited by Tauchertraum
  2. It does not matter if you buy in NY or NJ, they will charge you sales tax. NY does have a slightly higher rate though 8.3% vs 7%.

     

    What airport are you flying out of? Usually, if save your all of your reciepts. You should be able to get a refund for sales tax you payed during your stay in the US at the airport before you leave.

     

    Personally I'd make the trip to NY and buy at B&H. By far the best selection and prices in the US. It's worth the trip, even if you don't plan to buy anything. ( Just be sure not to bring your credit card or you'll leave with your card maxed out. :) ) Also remember they are not open on friday evening or saturday.

    Edited by acroporas
  3. I agree, B&H is worth the 'pilgrimage'.

    Edited by loftus
  4. ooh that is good to know, that also in New Jersey there is a Sales Tax.

     

    I depart in EWR ( Newark ) Airport. I think the is no refund for the Taxes... I stay there from Wendsday Night to Friday Night.

     

    I will pass by B&H but is always good when you has a secon shop..

  5. Yes, looks like your right that NY does not refund your tax.

     

    But if your hotel is in NJ, you could have B&H ship it to your hotel which would allow you to avoid the sales tax.

  6. Yes I tought this also, but B&H didn´t ship to a Hotel Adress. :-(

  7. Yes I tought this also, but B&H didn´t ship to a Hotel Adress. :-(

    They ship only to verify address in the states, If you can find there someone you know and sent it there you'll save the tax.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.