Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

housing for Canon eos 30d hehe

Started by omar ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

housing for Canon eos 30d hehe

6 posts
  1. :lol: hey and hello i am a big newbee hehe from denmark i got a 30d and is now looking after a housing for it i have been looking at the aquatica but is not sure about wha ti need not to flood my beloved cam hehe any tip would be help full and any expirience would be help full.

    i have also been looking at

    ikelite (quality???)

    seaandsea (is it good or bad?)

    subal (toooo expensive, but is it the only one that can ensure a drycam after 40m diving?)

    aquatica (sems to be cheap and strong is that right??)

    Edited by omar
  2. Are you sure with the D30 you mentioned, or is it a slipup and do you mean EOS 30 D

     

    All the housings will keep your camera dry to 40 m.

     

    gerard

  3. hmm people talk about flooded housings?? what should i look for when i will like to purchase a housing???

  4. So 30D :-) nice, I use a 20D in an ikelite housing.

     

    Any housing can flood. Flooding a housing is mostly because of user error. I got ater in (an older) housing once, because i rushed putting the O ring in (it twisted a bit). But I saw the housing being a bit wet, because it was a see through ikelite housing.

     

    Another instance I remember is a guy on shore drying his new hugyphot housiing that had a small leakage. Camera was still fine, but he wondered very much what it was. In a housing like that, a leak alert will save your camera (but not your dive)

     

    I managed to flood a strobe partly (I left the battery compartment open, since the batteries were hot from charging, and didnt remember the next day), and the system is now for a checkup.

     

    have a search around for more treads on housings in the slr section.

  5. I got an Aquatica housing last year for my 30D. It is in my opinion a fantastic product. Very well built and designed. I haven't had any problems with flooding after 5 weeks of diving.

  6. super respons hehe thanks wery much... hmm i think i will go for the aquatica but i do think that ikelite is smart becuse of the se trough housing hmmmmmmmm its super difficult.. i will tjeck the tread out thanks again

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.