Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Happy 21st Birthday Smash! :)

Started by Drew ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Happy 21st Birthday Smash! :)

16 posts
  1. Or was it 18? :)

    happybirthday.gif

     

    Sheng Ri Kuai Le Patricia

  2. I second that! Whatever it says - if Drew said it it must be good.

     

    Happy b-day Patricia.

     

    James

  3. Happy Birthday! I'm thinking a really nice present will come your way this week :)

  4. è¬è¬å¤§å®¶!

     

    Thanks for the kind wishes! Funny how it takes a birthday to gets things prioritized. Ryan's right...after 7 months of dithering, the housing and strobes for my 5D are finally on their way! :)

     

    Now I just need to figure out where to dive next -- the company is sending me to Indonesia next month, but true to form, I still have no idea what the itinerary is, and I'm going nuts not knowing how to plan the diving around the meetings! :)

    Edited by Drew
  5. Wow Patricia, with that you just made me realize that my browser supports trad. Chinese. :)

     

    As usual, if you need help with itin... :)

     

    But I won't be in Asia... Ahfreekar baby!

    Enjoy your b'day and new toys... are you sure you don't want a birkin instead? 5D and housing is so nerdy. :)

    Edited by Drew
  6. A great big Happy Birthday to you!

     

    Enjoy Indonesia--what a place to be next month!

     

    Have fun and get great images!

     

    Mary Lynn

  7. Wow Patricia, with that you just made me realize that my browser supports trad. Chinese. :)

     

    As usual, if you need help with itin... :)

     

    But I won't be in Asia... Ahfreekar baby!

    Enjoy your b'day and new toys... are you sure you don't want a birkin instead? 5D and housing is so nerdy. :)

    Though we've never met, happy birthday. God willing you will not want or need a Birkin for a while. Unfortunately in my house, every time I want a major kit upgrade, I have to come up with a Birkin or similar luxe goods to keep the peace. :)

  8. As usual, if you need help with itin... :)

     

    But I won't be in Asia... Ahfreekar baby!

    Enjoy your b'day and new toys... are you sure you don't want a birkin instead? 5D and housing is so nerdy. :)

     

    I probably will take you up on the offer of advice as soon as I can get my client in Jakarta to let me know when and where I'm supposed to go! Sigh...when it's time to square up, I'm going to owe you a lot of :guiness:s!

     

    So when are you going to be in Africa? I'm headed to Angola in July. Trying to figure out if the company will let me travel via South Africa instead of via Europe, but then again, a long weekend in Paris ain't bad either.

     

    Birkin, hmmm...the real sign of nerdiness is here when I ask -- do you mean the bag or the car? :)

    Edited by smash
  9. Err just so you know, the service may not be as good as what you had in Phuket :)

     

    And your co. head had better failed Geography to let you fly via South Africa. I'm there for most of June and July. Paris is too muggy in July pour moi BUT the sales are on so you'll have fun. But you'll have to fight with the asian women shoppers for the birkins on sale (IF there are any!) :)

     

    Lemme know when you get dates.

  10. Err just so you know, the service may not be as good as what you had in Phuket :)

     

    And your co. head had better failed Geography to let you fly via South Africa. I'm there for most of June and July. Paris is too muggy in July pour moi BUT the sales are on so you'll have fun. But you'll have to fight with the asian women shoppers for the birkins on sale (IF there are any!) :)

     

    Yes, I'm braced for the difference in service. I've already heard much about the spotty airline service, so I'm planning to route everything through Singapore -- I have family there, so a few extra days and nights there are mandatory anyway.

     

    Actually, my co. is very savvy about travel to Africa and has a direct charter flight from Houston to Angola that I'm trying desperately to avoid. Much better to rack up miles in business class on a commercial airline (that I can use later for a dive trip) and have a built-in vacation in a stopover city! B) Paris en ete -- oui, il fait chaud, mais on peut acheter un sorbet de Berthillon, et puis, la vie est belle!

     

    [Can you tell my French is rusty?:unsure:]

    Edited by smash
  11. Audace audace - toujours l'audace!

     

    Air France from Houston to Paris and then Angloa is pretty nice. They have an awesome lounge in Terminal E

     

    I agree w/ Drew - I don't see how you can fly THROUGH SA. Maybe you can do a side trip there but not actually through there.... Good luck!

     

    James

    Edited by james
  12. Yes, I'm braced for the difference in service. I've already heard much about the spotty airline service, so I'm planning to route everything through Singapore -- I have family there, so a few extra days and nights there are mandatory anyway.

     

    Actually, my co. is very savvy about travel to Africa and has a direct charter flight from Houston to Angola that I'm trying desperately to avoid. Much better to rack up miles in business class on a commercial airline (that I can use later for a dive trip) and have a built-in vacation in a stopover city! B) Paris en ete -- oui, il fait chaud, mais on peut acheter un sorbet de Berthillon, et puis, la vie est belle!

     

    [Can you tell my French is rusty?:unsure:]

     

    I've never understood the fuss about Berthillon. I lived just a block from it and everyday lines and lines of people. Pozzeto and Le Bac are where it's at peeps!

     

    My security guy was in the Angolan War. Actually since you are going in July, it's the best time to go to Namibe and Tundavala... some of the most spectacular landscapes in Southern Africa. But since you're alone... I don't suggest it.

    Come down to ZA and we'll go diving in Sodwana or freezing Capetown. We can go look for great whites without chum :).Make sure you get your shots and malarial prophylactics for Luanda!

    Edited by Drew
  13. Yes, I'm braced for the difference in service. I've already heard much about the spotty airline service, so I'm planning to route everything through Singapore -- I have family there, so a few extra days and nights there are mandatory anyway.

     

    Actually, my co. is very savvy about travel to Africa and has a direct charter flight from Houston to Angola that I'm trying desperately to avoid. Much better to rack up miles in business class on a commercial airline (that I can use later for a dive trip) and have a built-in vacation in a stopover city! B) Paris en ete -- oui, il fait chaud, mais on peut acheter un sorbet de Berthillon, et puis, la vie est belle!

     

    [Can you tell my French is rusty?:unsure:]

    joyeux anniversaire!

    un sorbet berthillon, des macarons la duree, paris en juillet c'est sympa quand meme

    who would not stop over in paris for those :)

     

     

    /paul

     

    ps: c'est quoi un birkin? (wtf is a birkin basically :))

  14. Paul I'm surprised... with a name like Papdopoulos, I figured you to be a gelato man.

     

    Re: Birkin

    Si tu doit demander, tu ne veux pas savoir ou ta femme n'est pas une vraie parisienne :) Hermés.

     

    Speaking of Birkin cars, it's a 2.0l engine... 0.4l over my treehugging limits. :)

  15. Well I know I'm late getting in on this, but happy belated birthday, Patricia. Congrats on the new toys for the 5D. I hope you can put them to good use.

     

    And is nice to finally be back online now that things are getting settled in Auckland. :rolleyes:

  16. Paul I'm surprised... with a name like Papdopoulos, I figured you to be a gelato man.

     

    Re: Birkin

    Si tu doit demander, tu ne veux pas savoir ou ta femme n'est pas une vraie parisienne :rolleyes: Hermés.

     

    Speaking of Birkin cars, it's a 2.0l engine... 0.4l over my treehugging limits. :angry:

    had not seen this :)

    le seul mot qu'elle veuille prononcer chez hermes, c'est "Kelly"

    Edited by 3@5
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.