Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Can Someone Identify this Filefish?

Started by jaanan ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Can Someone Identify this Filefish?

2 posts
  1. Hi, I am an amature dig-photographer and I carry two cameras with me; an Olympus C5050 and a Canon A20 in a WP-DC200 housing. While snorkling in Grenada I got many pictures but one fish I cannot find in any of my books. I hope that the experts (forum members) may have an answer for me. So if you know the type of filefish (at least I think its a filefish) please let me know. I've only attached one shot of it but can send more if it helps.

    Thank You

    Jaanan

  2. Hi, I am an amature dig-photographer and I carry two cameras with me; an Olympus C5050 and a Canon A20 in a WP-DC200 housing. While snorkling in Grenada I got many pictures but one fish I cannot find in any of my books. I hope that the experts (forum members) may have an answer for me. So if you know the type of filefish (at least I think its a filefish) please let me know. I've only attached one shot of it but can send more if it helps.

    White-spotted Filefish. Reasonably common caribbean fish - this is darker more usual phase. It can also look like this:

     

    22002_1228_185437aa_1_1.jpg

     

    Enjoy,

    M

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.