Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon 995 and White Balance

Started by stonejunction ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon 995 and White Balance

2 posts
  1. I'm using the Ikelite DS50 with the Nikon 995 on nice clear 100ft+ vis dives.

     

    I am interested in what white balance settings are people out ther using to get the best colour?

     

    Thanks

     

    J

  2. Hi "J.",

     

    I am using the Coolpix 990 with a strobe from subtronic. Especially in the Red Sea above sandy bottoms I used to get in trouble with the green influence by the strong interfering light from the sun above. Since I set the white balance to "sunny" instead of "strobe" it has improved a little. But the successful way to avoid greenish pictures is to control the aperture and underexpose with -1.3 stops.

     

    - regardz andi

     

    PS: If anyone has been succesfully using the manual Whitebalance for the Coolpix 995 or Coolpix 990. I'd love to get a comment here. We are thinking to upgrade our housing for that (additional controls). The version 1.0 from UK-Germany did not offer these... :) but therefore was a lot cheaper... :)

     

    [Edited on 20.4.2002 by andi]

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.