Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Is this a cowrie?

Started by Islandbound ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Is this a cowrie?

3 posts
  1. Sorry for the size of the critter in the photo. It is really really small about 2cm in length and I was using a 18-70mm Nikon lens for the first time and I didnt know how close I could get to the critter for a good focal length. I took two photos, had to surface for air and when I swung back around it was nowhere to be found.

     

    2259309790100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

  2. I can see why you would think that but it's actually a bubble shell, Micromelo undata. These are shelled opisthobranchs that eat worms.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.