When I bought my SB80DX I got my Subal D100 housing rewired (with all 5 wires connected in the flash circuitry so I could use DTTL). I can now shoot this gun in DTTL and Manual without problems.
However with all 5 wires connected in the housing I am unable to fire older strobes (e.g. YS30).
The only solution I can think of is to leave one flash socket wired for DTTL. And connect a second flash shoe adaptor to the other flash socket on the housing, with just two wires connected, to let me use my older non DTTL guns in manual.
Does anyone have any other suggestions/experience with this problem?
Does anyone know if strobes like the YS90DX and the DS-125 will work when all 5 wires are connected?
While writing this post I have got an email suggesting blocking the offending contacts on the hot shoe. Anyone know which ones?
Alex
Why couldn't Nikon have got the D100 to work with standard Nikon TTL (like the increasingly attractive S2) rather than just with DTTL?

