Just a quick post to let folks know that Howard Hall's "Ocean Requiem" is now live as DiveFilm High Definition Podcast Video Episode 6. It is an honor to be able to present this incredibly beautiful and deeply moving short film. Every time I watch it, I am struck by the beauty of the ocean's creatures and how vulnerable they all are. Howard and Michele Hall are doing some of the best underwater imaging work in the world today. Their support of the diving and underwater imaging communities and their efforts to help raise awareness about the ocean and marine life are invaluable and unfaltering. They are a source of inspiration and encouragement to so many of us.
As timing would have it, Apple is currently featuring DiveFilm High Def Podcast Video on the iTunes Podcast home page in a rather prominent position right in the middle of the podcast home page window. What this means is that an even larger and more diverse podcast audience than usual will be able to experience the beauty and vulnerability of the ocean world through the work of Howard and Michele. You can get to the high def podcast by clicking here if you have iTunes on your computer. DiveFilm Podcast Video, both the original and the new high def podcasts, are produced in association with Wetpixel.com.
Hope you enjoy the new DiveFilm High Definition Podcast Episode!
Mary Lynn
Can't wait to download it. That's great news about the iTunes front page coverage. Keep up the great work Mary Lynn!
Watched this last night via Apple TV on my new 46" flat screen. It was very nice.
Watched this last night via Apple TV on my new 46" flat screen. It was very nice.
Will video iPods play these hi def episodes?
He is bloody good isn't he!!!!
Phenomenal. What a treat to be able to see that.
Alex
Well I refuse to load up itunes as I don't want it on my computer, anyone got the direct link to the file?
20 mins of iTunes download left...
Dive safe
DeanB
No worries......Good old Google found it, downloading now
What aload of rubbish
No not the film, some of the sequences looked fantastic...
Just my old P.C took forever to download it then it was not powerful enough to play it properly.
Then Quicktime keeps failing to respond, with a broken Q showing up.
Oh well...From what I saw it looks GRRRRrrrreat!!!!
Dive safe
DeanB
Dean
Use VLC to play it with.
Mmm... I think I need a Amphibicam and lots of money to travel the world.
No HDV motion blur with that stuff
Dean,
I think it might be time for you to get yourself a new computer. My pre intel G5 downloaded it in just a few minutes.
So, how many of you think it is only a matter of time before Mary Lynn makes it into the Women Divers Hall of Fame for her pioneering work with dive pod casts? I keep telling her that but she, ever so modestly thinks it won't be happening. Heck, she should be initiated next Dema.
Steve B)
Beautiful and disturbing thank you to you and and Howard for this.