Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Where is the best place to purchase Nikons in the U.S.?

Started by ViperDoc ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Where is the best place to purchase Nikons in the U.S.?

9 posts
  1. Just wondering who has the best prices on line for Nikon equipment? Looking to purchase a D200 and lenses. Found some web sites that have some ridiculously low prices and wonder if they are worthwhile.

     

    Dave

  2. I use B&H.

     

    They have reasonable prices. I have always been very happy with my purchases from them.

  3. If the price is too low there should be suspicion about it.

    Try to check first at resellerratings or other sites like that the rating of the store.

  4. I agree with Arnon. Prices will generally vary at best by a few dollars from the big well known online sellers such as B&H (my usual vendor), Adorama etc. If the price is much lower, assume that there is a catch until you prove otherwise. My own experience once when I went for a very low price vendor online was that I could not buy the item until they had added on all kinds of additional pieces of equipment like filters they said I had to have, insurance for shipping etc, etc. Companies like B&H are huge, naturally they will get the best prices from the manufacturers. And then of course you have to consider return policies if there is a problem etc, etc.

  5. I use B&H and Adorama. I have been happy with both of them.

  6. Just wondering who has the best prices on line for Nikon equipment? Looking to purchase a D200 and lenses. Found some web sites that have some ridiculously low prices and wonder if they are worthwhile.

     

    Dave

     

     

    Beach Camera is another fairly decent place with good prices. They are in New Jersey so good for New Yorkers

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  7. I try to buy my equipment from my local camera store, but must confess that I have often used online purchasing. When I purhcased online, I trust both B&H and Helix Camera (albeit a little more expensive). In over 5 years, I have never had problems with either of these companies.

     

    Luigi

  8. Depending on where you live, narrowed my choice down. I have purchased all of my camera equipment from Ritz Camera on line. The benefit to me here is that the store fronts will honor warantes of merchandise purchased on the web, and buying on the web from them I pay no sales tax! Plus I can go into the shops and ask real people questions about the camera or different lenses, etc.

  9. Just wondering who has the best prices on line for Nikon equipment?

     

    Hi Dave,

     

    I have had incredibly good luck buying used Nikon equipment from Nikonians

     

    Go to the "For Sale" forum. You will often find prices well below what you would pay for retail.

    I have not had a bad experience yet and have purchased everything from my DSLR to lenses to a Lowepro

    camera bag. Better than purchasing camera equipment from Ebay, IMHO.

     

    They also have specific forums for different cameras (including one dedicated to the D200). Experts are always there should you need to get an answer to a question you may have.

     

    Ellen

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.