My Ikelite C-5050z housing arrived today -- fresh from the factory after a couple modifications I asked for were completed. There were some questions about the "stay depressed" controls earlier. Here's a couple pictures that should explain how they work. They are spring loaded on the inside. The spring acts to pull them into the housing, pressing the buttons on the camera. The base for the knob (on the outside of the housing) is notched to allow for "up" and "down" positions. Works really well for those times you need to hold down two buttons (or even one) and operate the jog dial.


Also, the camera tray has been cut down to allow the camera battery door to be opened w/o removing the camera from the tray. This was one thing that irked me about the C-4040z housing I used to have (had to unscrew the camera from the tray to change batteries). Not a problem on this one . . .

More on the housing once I get to play some more.
Mike