Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Metallic Prints from Mpix

Started by james ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Metallic Prints from Mpix

5 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    I'm curious who here has made prints on metallic paper? What did you think?

     

    I made some prints recently at 16x20 and 16x24 using the Kodak metallic paper and I was impressed.

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
  2. A guest at our photographic club had some wildlife prints on metallic paper and the first thing I thought was literally "that would look really good for underwater stuff" ;)

     

    What sort of shots did you get printed ? Blue water wide angle was what I had in mind.

     

    cheers

    Leander

  3. I just received back this week,some smaller prints, 5x7 and 8X10, using the metallic finish offered by Adorama out of NY.

    Although considered to be a bit too gaudy for my husband, I really rather like the way the colors pop out out you with this finish. Mine were all done of macro subjects, but anxious to try some blue water , wide angle now as well.

  4. I did some on kodak paper and they were great for most images and really bad for few.

    I mean stuff like silver fish at blue background looks cool. Some scenes (eg. school of fish and reef) seem to be 3D. But images with sunbursts were unacceptable for me.

    Sunbursts which looked ok on screen came out ugly when printed on metalic. Absolutely no details in highlights, just huge areas of pure white and cyan.

     

    I will have an exhibition of my red sea images in July and I just ordered some 30x45 cm prints on metalic paper for it. I'm a bit nervous about it. I hope they will be good - I will find out on wednesday.

  5. I've used the Kodak paper several times, and I love it for macros like orange cup coral, blue water wide angle shots, reef sharks. Agree that sunbursts are uncomfortable.

     

    I did some on kodak paper and they were great for most images and really bad for few.

    I mean stuff like silver fish at blue background looks cool. Some scenes (eg. school of fish and reef) seem to be 3D. But images with sunbursts were unacceptable for me.

    Sunbursts which looked ok on screen came out ugly when printed on metalic. Absolutely no details in highlights, just huge areas of pure white and cyan.

     

    I will have an exhibition of my red sea images in July and I just ordered some 30x45 cm prints on metalic paper for it. I'm a bit nervous about it. I hope they will be good - I will find out on wednesday.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.