Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Odd anemone thing wraps round soft coral

Started by Graham Abbott ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Odd anemone thing wraps round soft coral

4 posts
  1. Can you take a look at this animal and let me know if you know what it is. I have seen them in different colours on different soft corals, at times they seem to smother the coral host and kill it!

    post-5023-1182230139_thumb.jpg

  2. It looks alot like a zooanthid... I know colonies of them takeover gorgonians here in California... don't know if that helps much. :-)

  3. Nope, other than agreeing with Wyatt. I'll forward the pic to somene who might know.

  4. Also looks like a zoanthid to me as well. But like Wyatt and Leslie, that's all I can say about it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.