Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

ScubaPro tank strap parts? (urgent)

Started by echeng ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

ScubaPro tank strap parts? (urgent)

8 posts
  1. Hello guys. When the crew on the last liveaboard I went on cleaned my BC, they lost one of the stainless metal parts of my Scubapro tank band. The tank band has a hinge/buckle side, and a D-ring thingie with a moving metal cylinder inside of it. The part that was lost was the D-ring. It looks like the ones here:

     

    http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/tankstraps.shtml

     

    ... but has an extra moving part.

     

    Does anyone know where I can get one by June 22? It's sort of urgent. :D

     

    thank you!

  2. Does anyone know where I can get one by June 22? It's sort of urgent. :D

     

    thank you!

     

    Eric;

     

    I don't know if you'll be able to buy just that part. I have a couple of the cams and like them on my warm water BC. If it helps, DiveRite makes an similar, maybe better, product that should be available locally.

     

    Otherwise, you might go to a ship chandlery store, like West Marine, and see if they have a s/s D-ring you can buy. It's not rocket science, just a d-ring...

     

    Jack

  3. Eric, I had the same thing happen to me. I had to take another belt from another BCD. I gotta say though I do prefer the scubapro belts which hold much better than others, especially Buddy which are the worst ever!

    Go down to your any engineering firm and ask if they can make one for you, it is really simple and if you took the BCD they would easily be able to bend one and weld the end shut. This is what I will be doing for mine, though over here it is really easy to get work like this done!

    Hye why not ask Dave, if he's near you that is, I'm sure he could do thsi easily in his workshop!

    Edited by Graham Abbott
  4. Any BC strap will do for now, we have many people who dont like the scubpro strap so they take them off and put another on, takes 2 minutes, then when you get home hunt one down.

  5. Thanks, guys. I like the scubapro one, which unfortunately is not just a D-ring. And I will only have 12 hours at home, over a weekend evening, which is why I need to deal with this remotely! I know I can just use a d-ring, which is what i'm doing now (someone here in bonaire lent me one for the week).

     

    sucks.

  6. Eric, you are now a powerful dive pro... Why not tell your local dive shop / scubapro dealer to simply get you one from Scubapro. They must sell spares for all parts that can, and do fall off from time to time!

  7. I have new tank bands of the style you are using. I have one like the bottom and one like the top. If you are worried you can't order a new one in time, I can overnight either of mine to you. The D ring on my SP-style one is one piece, though. It does not have an extra part on it.

  8. Hey Craig -- thanks for the generous offer, and thanks, all, for your help. I managed to find some replacements through Fred Tagge.

     

    As for the "powerful photo pro" thing, it doesn't always help, and I don't always feel good about calling in favors. :D

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.