Can anyone recommend a good photoshop or other programs that might cater to underwater photography one that will allow you to make changes/adjust ect Nothing to technical and be able to download raw files unlike photoshop elements 5.0
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Raw file program/photoshop
-
-
Yep! Sort of. Shoot the highest res jpeg's you can and use iPhoto to adjust. Allow yourself (+-) one minute to work on each image and then move on. If you ain't sellin' them or hoping to then the result will look just fine printed, framed and on your wall.

Jeff
-
You can try FastStone Image Viewer its reading RAW and have some editing capabilities.
Another option is to find an old version of RawShooterEssentials before it was merged into Adobe, it was a freeware program and I really like it , works fast with RAW thumbnails and again have some editing capabilities.
If you don't find it I can try sending it to you (~5 MB) by mail.
-
You can try FastStone Image Viewer its reading RAW and have some editing capabilities.
Another option is to find an old version of RawShooterEssentials before it was merged into Adobe, it was a freeware program and I really like it , works fast with RAW thumbnails and again have some editing capabilities.
If you don't find it I can try sending it to you (~5 MB) by mail.
I have used photoshop cs2 with theire raw converter and it works great. CS# is even better. their new raw converter is fantastic
-
I have used photoshop cs2 with theire raw converter and it works great. CS# is even better. their new raw converter is fantastic
Agree that the CS are great, the only problem is that it cost a lot also, if the Indoman find the elements good Enough and only need a raw converter there are less expensive options.
-
Agree that the CS are great, the only problem is that it cost a lot also, if the Indoman find the elements good Enough and only need a raw converter there are less expensive options.
-
The nice thing about living here in Indonesia for three years is of coarse the diving and pirated copys of every thing for example any computer program you could ever think of cost about US$2.50 they work fine but can't up date. Thanks for the tip I will try the CS#2
-
CS2 uses the same RAW converter as photoshop elements 5.0, so whats the benefit? If elements doenst read your files, you need to download the newest ACR version.
Indoman, in the original post you asked for something not too technical, I would say that CS2 is very technical indeed.
rereading the post: is the question also about the downloader? I have copies of RAwshooter essential (freeware), C1 LE (sandisk edition) and Photoshop elements 5.0, but never had any luck with the automated download from camera and renaming subroutines. (They always skipped the raw files).
So I am just using the Canon EOS viewer for that.