Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Homepage, where can you get a decent one ??

Started by Johnny Christensen ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Homepage, where can you get a decent one ??

6 posts
  1. I'm looking for imput on where to get a goodlooking website. Currently I'm using http://www.proimageguide.com/ contents management website and it sucks badly.

    There is some kind of compression rutine that you can't turn off. It completly ruins my pictures, make it look like you smeared vaseline all over them.

     

    Having put some new wreck shots on my site just this afternoon, sealed the deal. It's gotta go - and better today than tomorrow.

     

    So can anybody point me in the right direction for a contents management website that does not have a image compression rutine that you can't turn off. I can do the compression in Photoshop, don't want anybody else tinkering with that.

     

    Thanks

    Johnny

    Edited by Johnny Christensen
  2. .MAC

     

    M.

  3. .MAC

     

    M.

     

    ????

    It's a website I need, not the computer I'm viewing it with.

  4. .mac is a service mac users can sign up for that includes a website.

     

    Cor

  5. Well, I learn something new every day :(

     

    But like the majority of the world I'm a PC user, so looking for something that suits the needs there.

    Looking at my statistics for the past two years, out of the visitors the website recieved, only 4% used other operating systems.

     

    I found http://www.clikpic.com

    Testing it right now, they seem to display my pictures far better than what my current homepage can do.

    Any experiences with that company?

     

    Cheers

    Johnny

  6. I use .Mac as well. A bit pricey but it does work well. I mention this because I think you can get it with a PC. Though not sure. Probably not the best choice for a PC but you might look at it and get a PC one that is similar.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.