Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Scottish Nudibranchs - Update June 07

Started by jander4454 ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Scottish Nudibranchs - Update June 07

11 posts
  1. I have revised the layout of the site (no frames) and am interested in any responses - pro or con.

     

    Otherwise enjoy .

     

    Scottish Nudibranchs

     

     

    Regards.

  2. I envy you the skill you have in creating the website! Its a very nice site, the pictures loaded quickly and the site colors look great. As a very much neophyte in trying to identify critters I look alot at the available websites like yours to try and "picture match" what I have seen to what is pictured online. The biggest problem I have is that I have to click on each and every one of the links from the main page to look at the available pictures. I dont have a better suggestion, just wanted to share my experiences with being a web detective. Is there a way to put a thumbnail next to the lefthand column titles which would lead to a more detailed pic and description? Just enough detail to match perhaps colors and shapes to lead a viewer to the right link?

  3. I envy you the skill you have in creating the website! Its a very nice site, the pictures loaded quickly and the site colors look great. As a very much neophyte in trying to identify critters I look alot at the available websites like yours to try and "picture match" what I have seen to what is pictured online. The biggest problem I have is that I have to click on each and every one of the links from the main page to look at the available pictures. I dont have a better suggestion, just wanted to share my experiences with being a web detective. Is there a way to put a thumbnail next to the lefthand column titles which would lead to a more detailed pic and description? Just enough detail to match perhaps colors and shapes to lead a viewer to the right link?

     

    There's a "thumbnail" link at the top of that website, not sure if it was there when you visited the page:

     

    http://www.scottishnudibranchs.co.uk/sn-thumbs.html

     

    Richard.

  4. Now thats nice! I missed the thumbnail button the first time I looked. Great job!

  5. Now thats nice! I missed the thumbnail button the first time I looked. Great job!

    It's been there since the update - maybe I need to make them bolder?

  6. When I first linked to your site I was intent on looking at the pictures for IDing and so clicked on the lefthand list of names straightaway. Once there I saw the button to look at thumbnails and so assumed that was the only way to preview the pictures. My fault entirely.

     

    The only suggestion, and it may not be a good one, is perhaps a button in silver or some attention grabbing device/color around the Thumbnail word and move it closer to the white Nudibranch word. My eye is caught by the bright Nudibranch word and I miss the darker blue thumbnail word. Having said this, what you have is very nice as is!

  7. I've emphasised the top links by putting them in BOLD to see if that helps.

     

    Regards

  8. ;)

     

    Extremely nice site. Wonderful photos and well laid out. Too bad I won't be diving in Scotland anytime in the future. It violates my dive criteria....warm, smooth, clear water. Warm being the operative word, here. LOL

     

    Now, if you would only do the same for critters in Indonesia, PNG, Malaysia........

  9. alison,

     

    Try this link to my other site

     

    Sulawesi Sea Slugs

     

    Regards,

     

    Jim A

  10. I too missed the thumbnail tab at the top LHS the first time I visited the site and landed up clicking all the way through each named nudibranch to find the one I wanted.

    Anyhow, it's a great site and one I recently used to ID one of my own shots.

    Photographically I'm impressed if its all done on the Fuji E900. I presume you stack those Inon macro wet lenses?

  11. I too missed the thumbnail tab at the top LHS the first time I visited the site and landed up clicking all the way through each named nudibranch to find the one I wanted.

    Anyhow, it's a great site and one I recently used to ID one of my own shots.

    Photographically I'm impressed if its all done on the Fuji E900. I presume you stack those Inon macro wet lenses?

     

    It started with a Nik 5, then a Subal housed N90, 60mm and 105mm lenses; next onto digital with an Olympus 2040 followed by an oly 5050; then to a Fuji 810 and now an E900. I've been using stacked lenses since my first Oly - that's more cameras than I'd realised!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.