Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Carrying on cameras

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Carrying on cameras

7 posts
  1. I've picked-and-plucked the foam in a Storm Case model iM2500 (the largest carry-on size allowed in an airplane. it's actually smaller than the bags that many people carry on, but I decided to be conservative, adhering to airline-published dimensions.), and it fits all of the non-housing camera gear I need for a typical underwater photo trip!

     

    200303_packed_storm.jpg

    Packed Storm Case iM2500

     

    In the case, I can fit: Canon EOS 1Ds body, 2 x Canon D60 bodies, 100-400L IS, 15mm full-frame fisheye, 50mm macro, 100mm macro, 28-70/2.8L, extra 1Ds battery, two extra D60 batteries, and a CF card case.

     

    Not bad. I'll have to carry a flash, lens cleaning supplies, and chargers separately, but I had to do that previously with the J-1 as well. Now I can carry all of my stuff onto a small boat without worrying that my equipment will be destroyed. :P

     

    Oh, and I highly recommend http://Cases4Less.com. They will beat any advertised price by 5%, and I have had nothing but excellent service from them.

  2. how do you carry your housing, etc?

  3. Housing goes in a big pelican case, along with strobes, arms, strobe chargers, ports, and hartenberger light. Dive stuff and clothing goes in another check-in bag.

     

    There's NO way I would be able to carry on camera and housing, I don't think!

  4. Why not just pack it in a Tamrak or LowePro backpack?

  5. Where does the computer go??? Carry on,checked????? If carry on, hard or soft case.

  6. How are you guys checking your housings, etc., when you can't lock your cases anymore???

     

    I have been able to have my luggage searched, and THEN

  7. oops fat fingered the wrong button!!

     

    ...and THEN install thel locks, but I've been lucky so far. Are you guys just giving up your locks as they get cut off?

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.