Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Software used in Bonaire Digital Shootout???

Started by gordo ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Software used in Bonaire Digital Shootout???

5 posts
  1. Does anyone know what software is being used to create the Flash based slide show that is on each days page?post-6252-1182569456_thumb.jpg

     

    I think this should have been posted in "Image Processing, Printing, and Storage" but I don't know how to move it.

    Edited by gordo
  2. I don't know what application is used. (Probably, the Adobe Flash development environment; Lightroom has a way to do a Flash image gallery for the web; but, it's fairly basic.).

     

    It could be a custom job _or_ a modification of a template supplied by Adobe or a 3rd party flash developer.

    Neat and fairly easy to do.

    (one mod that would be nice is have a "forward" triangle to the right if the next image is a vertical because there is no leading edge of the next horizontal image to que the user that another image is available; same thing for the left edge)

     

     

    Basically, it's:

    -an XML file to tie the text, images, and other info together

    -the images

    -the Flash file (.swf) with ActionScript to control the interaction and loading of data (images, XML)

    -(there might be another flash file to generate the XML quickly. Instead of hand coding it.)

    Edited by uw_nikon
  3. Topic moved per request of OP.

     

    I don't know which program was used, but I'm sure that Eric can fill you in when he gets back if you don't find out before hand.

     

    Cheers

    William

    Edited by acroporas
  4. As was stated in the text (and in the menu area of the flash presentation), it is from Vuvox: http://vuvox.com . They're in a public beta at the moment, and I'm consulting with them. Great technology -- and there's some cool stuff planned for the future!

     

    The beta is open, so you can go give it a try.

     

    The styles pull from images and video on your computer, Flickr, YouTube, Google (Picasa), Yahoo, and more. You can either set a specific group of images to load, or you can tie the presentation to an RSS/Flickr/Picasa feed, which is what I'm doing. That way, I just have to upload images or manage an album to change the contents of the presentation.

     

    There are a ton of styles, too. Some are more interactive than others.

     

    Re: interface tweaks -- I've been having small tweaks done to the styles I'm using, and navigation buttons are one of the things that are in the works. This is one of the first efforts to use their technology, and it's definitely in beta.

    Edited by echeng
  5. Thanks, I will give them a look. I like the concept of a scrolling viewer that I can put on my web site. I hope the product is reasonably priced when it goes to market.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.