Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

getting ready for 2nd digital dive trip

Started by joeyfishes ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

getting ready for 2nd digital dive trip

8 posts
  1. Hi All,

    Getting my ducks in a row for a summer trip (not sure where yet) and trying to tweek my set up

     

    1-New low volume RX mask with black skirt.Anyone have a large face and can recomend a mask ( I have been looking at Atomic)

     

     

    2-Need to figure out a bettor way of making my Ike housing with D70 and 2 SB 105s with the 8" aquatica dome sink a little. Last time I put 2 leg weights around the tray. Worked ok but there has got to be a bettor way

     

    3-Anyone do this Tom Stack course in the keys ? Thinking about that

     

    4- want to get a D70s(Bigger screen) and make the D70 the backup

     

    Comments suggestions

     

    Joe

  2. i thought the Ike came with a tray/handle set up that was negative as a whole? I could be wrong.

     

     

    I have a big face, i use a Mares X vision mask, works a charm.

     

    D70s also has one more shot on the buffer so is nice for rapid fire on dolphins etc. I prefer that to my D70

  3. i thought the Ike came with a tray/handle set up that was negative as a whole? I could be wrong.

    I have a big face, i use a Mares X vision mask, works a charm.

     

    D70s also has one more shot on the buffer so is nice for rapid fire on dolphins etc. I prefer that to my D70

     

     

    Hi Mike,

    Ike housing with the Aquatica dome floats like a lift bag. I had leg weights on it (2lbs)it worked but a lillte two much weight. I think 1 lb would do it. I will take a look at the mask

     

     

    Thanks

     

    Joe

  4. PS are you using the stock readers they sell

     

     

    Thanks

  5. i have a guest here at the moment with that exact set up of Ike D70 and Aquatica dome... i will see what she uses

  6. i have a guest here at the moment with that exact set up of Ike D70 and Aquatica dome... i will see what she uses

     

     

    Thanks !

  7. well, she has no extra weights and it is negative buoyant but when you let it go it turns dome up, that is pretty standard with a dome i would think.

     

    In the base plate there is room for two weights, she has a weight in one of them. Does your base plate have same?

     

    D70s and Ike with 8 inch dome, one DS125 and Ike arms.

  8. well, she has no extra weights and it is negative buoyant but when you let it go it turns dome up, that is pretty standard with a dome i would think.

     

    In the base plate there is room for two weights, she has a weight in one of them. Does your base plate have same?

     

    D70s and Ike with 8 inch dome, one DS125 and Ike arms.

     

     

    Tha differenace I would guess are my SB105s. And yes I am gonna add weight to the tray I have one and am gonna add another. That may do it. Without the ankle weights it floats ;)

     

    Thanks

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.