Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Squeeze on Diffuser Cap

Started by donga ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Squeeze on Diffuser Cap

10 posts
  1. Can anybody give me direction for a diffuser cap that may squeeze onto my torch pictured below;

    post-8347-1183070102_thumb.jpg

  2. Take your light to the super market and look for a plastic container that has a translucent lid that fits.

  3. By "translucent" you mean "pearl" right? - good idea but it would need to have a decent rim to go over the torch edge.

  4. there's always duck tape to secure your diffusor

    post-4916-1183155622_thumb.jpg

  5. Ok, Cerianthus - is yours an led converted too? I see the duck tape covers the lense a little - does it affect wider shots or can't you see a shadow from the tape protrusion?

  6. No, it's not LED converted. The tape is on the edge of the plate of plastic that makes up the diffuser (from a "lavazza" espresso tin). the mini C lite itself has quite a fat rim over there, there is some light behind the ducktape, but I can't see any effect on the light edge. I use the diffuser more to soften the center then add to the surface covered.

     

    If you cut really neatly, you could leave 4 protruding lips attached to the diffuser and use those to ducktape it.

  7. Can anybody give me direction for a diffuser cap that may squeeze onto my torch pictured below;

     

    I made a diffuser for my strobe using a thermal plastic called "Polymorph". This stuff melts at 60degC so you drop it in boiling water and it you can reshape it. I boiled it up in a pan and then used a rolling pin to flatten it out a little before placing it on my strobe and bending the sides down. It doesn't even need a method of mounting as it's pretty well attached as-is. I'll try and take a photo of it when I get a chance to let you see what I mean.

     

    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...rph&doy=9m7

  8. The tape is on the edge of the plate of plastic that makes up the diffuser (from a "lavazza" espresso tin).

     

    haha, I used the EXACT same coffee tin top... A Lavazza one... Found that one did the best job as a diffuser...

  9. haha, I used the EXACT same coffee tin top... A Lavazza one... Found that one did the best job as a diffuser...

     

    Thats hilarious ! Maybe we can repack them and sell them for big bucks as diffusor kits !!

  10. Thats hilarious ! Maybe we can repack them and sell them for big bucks as diffusor kits !!

     

    LOL... well considering how quickly I go through a tin of Lavazza coffee, I should start a side business making custom diffuser... :)

     

    Oh I should also mention that on my last trip, I lost my custom Lavazza diffuser and resorted to using a plastic shopping bag doubled over and taped to my light head using duct (gaffer) tape. Worked pretty well I thought.

    Edited by pakman

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.