Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Anyone else have trouble with DEPP insurance?

Started by AllisonFinch ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone else have trouble with DEPP insurance?

9 posts
  1. <_<

     

    I am on the verge of cancelling my insurance coverage with DEPP (that is, if I am actually insured). I contacted them a while ago, asking many questions about their coverage for my new DSLR rig. I have been insured many years with DAN, but liked a few features DEPP included. The coverage was more expensive 320.00 vs 195.00 for DAN). I had absolutely no trouble making phone contact while shopping. After I sent my application and money, all ability to contact them ceased. I was promised that I would receive policy verification last week by e-mail.......nothing arrived. I have tried many times to call.........no answer. Their phone message guarantees contact within 24 hours........no contact.

     

    I took days off to dive this weekend, but no way this rig gets in the water without coverage.....weekend busted.

     

    Has anyone heard if this business is solvent or having trouble? I would sure like to know. I will probably cancel at the end of the day and go back to H2O.

     

    DEPP, if you see this....CONTACT ME WITH POLICY VERIFICATION!! ;):D

  2. I needed to have some service done and contacted DEPP by email. They (Sandy) got back to me by email the next day.

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  3. Me too. Email seems to be a pretty reliable way to contact them.

  4. :D

     

    I posted a complaint that DEPP had been slack about sending verification of my insurance policy going into effect. Unfortunately, I was wrong about that. I checked the "junk mail" section of my e-mail and found the verification there. It had been sent at the very time promised. Some how, the e-mail triggered a spam block which grabbed it.

     

    I can only apologize for any problems my incorrect post generated. I will, definitely check the junk mail site more often

     

    Sandra I humbly apologize. I am glad I decided to stay with your insurance even when I thought I had a gripe.

     

    :):) Bad ME!!!

  5. :)

     

    Please check the apology e-mail I posted today. As it turns out, I was incorrect about their not sending me the information. Somehow, a spam blocker grabbed it and put it in the "junk mail" folder. I found it almost by mistake.

     

    The information WAS sent to me at the time promised. I can only apologize for any poor impression people got when reading my original post

     

    Sorry Sandra!

  6. What is DEPP's website info, or email?

  7. Just the opposite for me regarding DEPP. I have left a few phone messages and numerous e-mails over the last few weeks. And to date have not received any contact back from them at all, even looked in my blocked/spam e-mail files. In the past I have had very good experiences with DEPP but based on the current lack of responses I will probably look at changing providers.

  8. I talked to Sub Aquatic and they told me that DEPP was on vacation last week for the 4th of July - returning this week. I have a message in to them too.

     

    Cheers

    James

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.