Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 17-40 L lense

Started by tshepherd ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 17-40 L lense

3 posts
  1. This is the lense I think I've been waiting for, a wide-angle L lense that isn't over $1K!! On the D60, this works out to a 27-64, which seems like a pretty nice range. Ok, it's not *wide*, but it's wider, and relatively reasonably priced.

     

    http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs/store...ductId=13077804

     

    Now all I have to do is find the money for it, and the dome port, and the zoom gear, and, and, and...

     

    :P

  2. I was surprised how well my 17 - 35 worked on my D100. Gives a 25 to 50 field of view. I thought compared to how it work on my F100 that I would be very disappointed in the reduced view but it works quite nicely. Don't know if I would buy it for UW if I didn't already own it though.

     

    Failed to mention that with the 1.5 x crop the 17 - 35 is a great general purpose land lens. I seldom used it on land with my 35 mm camera, but often I leave it on the camera all the time now that I've gone digital.

  3. My experience is the same as Dave's. I bought the 17-35mm for use with the D100 topside, which makes it a very useful lens. I used it on my N90s underwater and plan on using it with the D100 underwater. At 17mm it is very wide. Being able to zoom made it much easier to compose underwater.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.