Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Which strobe

Started by raffa7 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Which strobe

3 posts
  1. Hi

    I have just purchased an Canon Ixus 75 with DC14 housing after losing me previous camera recently. So i am exploring the the realms of strobes to improve the quality of pictures i am getting, therefore:

     

    Can some one tell me of any compatable units that would work with my camera. I did speak with Cameras Underwater and they suggested using the Epogue 150DS, but that was quite expensive and not entirely sure i want to pay more than what i paid for the camera!! I did see this unit for sale in USA for about £160.

     

    Any info would be appreciated

     

    Thanks

     

    Raffa

  2. Hi

    I have just purchased an Canon Ixus 75 with DC14 housing after losing me previous camera recently. So i am exploring the the realms of strobes to improve the quality of pictures i am getting, therefore:

     

    Can some one tell me of any compatable units that would work with my camera. I did speak with Cameras Underwater and they suggested using the Epogue 150DS, but that was quite expensive and not entirely sure i want to pay more than what i paid for the camera!! I did see this unit for sale in USA for about £160.

     

    Any info would be appreciated

     

    Thanks

     

    Raffa

     

    You will find a lot of discussion on Epoque (150DS or not) here or digitaldive.net. The general consenses are not recommend Epoque product. I own one and was thought I was happy with it while reading all the terrible stories about them and how they flooded, etc. One day, I finall flood mine also ! It might be very affordable but it's not a great unit. It doesn't really put out that much power, probably only good enough for close macro pictures. If you dive once in a rare while and don't want to spend the $, might as well just not buy the strobe. If you dive often and want to have more fun and variarity, then I recommend at least an Inon 2000 or Sea & Sea YS90 or Ikelite DS51. Good strobes are going to be more expensive then many P&S camera and housing together, not a suprise !

  3. I believe the epoque is just like the Sunpak G-flash in that the battery door was really funny. I was terrified right up until the day I sold the Sunpak. I now own the YS-27DX and feel much better about the quality of strobe I have.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.