Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Green is green, blue is blue

Started by Cerianthus ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Green is green, blue is blue

3 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I've only been able to try the green water magic filters at home during one dive. In the Netherlands it is clear (or of course not so clear) that I have to use the green water filter. I am 2 weeks from a holiday in Britanny, France. I've been there before, and the water is much clearer and more blue than over here.

     

    To be on the safe side, I just ordered the blue water magic filters as well.

     

    The question now is when to use which filter. Off course in the typical blue water and green water it is no contest, but when it is in between? Do I try them both, or would one of the filters be more suited ?

     

    Gerard

  2. Hi Gerard,

     

    Unless the water is green-green then I would suggest using the original Magic filter. In green-green water then the green is the one to use.

     

    In between does depend on how green and of course this varies day to day. If is is quite green then I'd stick with the GW filter. If is getting towards blue then switch to original Magic.

     

    Alex

  3. So "trust your eyes", you'd say and lean towards the blue side :-).

     

    We will do some wrecks, where it would be nice to experiment with the filters (and a bit more convenient).

    Thanks,

     

    Gerard

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.